Well the day is here, I've reached my final goal of 10 stone 7 lb.
Its six months to the day of my first weigh in at 14 stone and I've lost 50 lb's.
First thing I did was start walking then I installed a calorie counter on my phone, PC and Kindle.
The first 3 days I was brutally honest on the calorie counter and put in every thing I would normally eat and was shocked t osee that I could easily put away 3500 calories a day through food and drink. I was kidding myself that I was eating healthily or not enough to be so fat.
I got on to you tube and watched Secret Eaters and recognised myself in those people, I was mindlessly eating and always 'starting again on Monday'.
I put my weight and goals in to My Fit Pal app and it gave me a goal to loose 2 lb a week and 1200 cals a day, not a great amount but it has worked for me and I also allow for treats.
Exercise
I started walking with a group of girls 3 times a week for an hour at a time, I then added in my own high intensity work outs on the playing field behind my house. I'd do little runs around to warm up
or jumping jacks, skipping, I did squats and lunges, used the benches for step ups, push ups and dips.
I started using a 16 lb kettle bell and weights and I've now added zumba. I don't need a gym or any expensive stuff.
Food
First of all I bought a digital food scales and measured everything, everything that went in my mouth went into my calorie counter and a magic bullet blender.
This is what I generally eat:
For breakfast I eat either eggs, fruit, smoothie or my own concoction of yogurt porridge (recipe to follow).
Lunch is usually a big salad and dinner is usually a big chicken salad wrap with home made tzatziki or fish/meat with veg. I snack on fruit, rice cakes, laughing cow light, yogurts, low cal crisps and bars (but not too often) skinny lattes and a few squares of chocolates. Olive oil, Hemp oil, Coconut oil, butter, seeds,
What I occasionally eat: Cheese (love it far too much), nuts, potato, rice. I cannot eat much starchy food as it makes my IBS flare up so most of the time I will just eat 1 whole grain wrap.
On the calorie app I suggests that you eat your calories back that you burn through exercise, I didn't do this and saved the cals burned for when I wanted treats such as puddings, roasts, fish and chips, burgers, cakes and general stuff that made me fat in the first place, but the important thin is that I burn calories and eat in a calorie deficit.
next post. Willpower and determination :)
No comments:
Post a Comment