Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Had to start somewhere

Welcome to my blog, I've had a few before but never got very far, this one is for me and if you want to read it then you are welcome.

It all began last May when I went to New Zealand for 2 months and realized what a complete couch potato I was. I'd go to work, come home and that was it. Always loosing a few pounds and sticking to it for a few weeks and then back to my old ways



Early June 2013                                          Late July 2013


Whilst in NZ I had a lot of time to myself and started exploring, we had an apartment on the beach so a daily walk along the beach became the norm, at weekends we'd climb waterfalls, volcanoes and pretty much not stop,  I lost about 20 lbs, still ate and drank what I wanted ,I loved it and my anxiety and depression really lifted. 

Back in the UK went back to my old ways of eating too much and not doing enough slowly but surely all the weight I'd lost came back and soon enough I was back to 14 stones (195 lb)  and straining in size 20 ( I am quite short 5'3").  Autumn came and went  and I could feel my depression (SADS and anxiety) creeping back in, I bought myself a Lifemax Light Pod from Amazon and some 5-htp capsules and tried them out and they worked a treat.

I found out was going to become a grand mother in the following May, a bit of a shock by a lovely one. Then in January I caught a recurring chest infection and gave up smoking.


 February is a pretty bad month for me SADS wise so we had booked a few days in Barcelona where it was warm and sunny and when we got back I saw the photo's and was yet again dismayed at my size. Over 14 stone and a size 20






  Something finally clicked and first of all I decided to give up the booze for 6 months to support a friend who was doing it for charity, then found out about My Fitness Pal, a calorie counting  app for your phone and joined a small walking group, all within a couple of weeks of each other.  I got the wii out and weighed myself  on the 19th of March 2014 and was 195 lbs.

  My goal was to lose 2 stone (28 lb's) but I've actually gone on to lose 3 stones 5 lbs (47 lbs) and from a size 20 to a 12.  I've gone from a size 7 shoe to a size 6 .
 I've gone from 49-42-47 to 39-31-39. (vital stats)
I'm now 10 stone 9 and want to lose and few more pounds to get to 10st 7 a nice round
 50 lb loss.
September 2014 145 lbs with my main reason for getting healthy



So how did I do it? That's the next installment  



,

No comments:

Post a Comment